Skip to main content
Current Opportunities

Hospitality Career Opportunities in New England

Newport Hotel Group offers exciting positions and career opportunities in New England. To express interest, complete the online application and paste a copy of your resume. Upon receiving your application and resume, the NHG recruiting team will review your experience, qualifications, and other factors. If the NHG is interested in speaking with you regarding your employment inquiry, a representative will contact you.

Non-Management Positions

Management Positions

International Applicants

Important Information About J-1 And H-2B Visa Applicants

The Newport Hotel Group sponsors non-U.S. citizens for H-2B work visas at certain locations when such needs exist, to work for our company in seasonal, entry-level positions. These positions typically begin in April and end in November. At this time, we do not sponsor H-2B visas for winter operations.

If you are interested in joining one of the NHG locations for the next season (April through November/December), please complete our online application. If the NHG is interested in speaking with you regarding your employment inquiry, a representative will contact you.

  • Things you should know about your H-2B Visa
    • An H-2B Visa is for non-agricultural, seasonal, temporary work.
    • H-2B Visas are job specific. If you are hired into one of these positions you cannot change positions during the season.
    • H-2B Visas are company specific. If approved, you can only work for the Newport Hotel Group.
    • H-2B Visas are time specific (valid for one season only).
    • H-2B Visas are subject to approval by the United States Department of Labor and the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service and the United States Consulates.
    • An H-2B worker may be granted extensions to their H-2B visa, each requiring a new labor certification and INS petition, but the maximum stay cannot exceed three years. Any non-U.S. citizen who has held a H-2B status for three years is barred from another H-2B status until he/she has remained outside of the U.S. for an uninterrupted period of three months.
  • J-1 Visa Applicants

    Work And Travel Program

    J-1 Work and Travel Visas are for work in guest services positions in the U.S. for a time period of up to four months. They are available to students between the ages of 19 and 30 who are currently enrolled full time or have graduated within the last 6 months (those with deferred status may also qualify).

    Newport Hotel Group currently works with a few sponsoring agencies to obtain J-1 workers. These agencies usually charge a fee for their services. Newport Hotel Group is not a sponsoring agency for J-1 visas, thus we recommend contacting an agency if you wish to obtain a J-1 visa.

    For summer employment, you can also apply through the website for any open seasonal position. If you are hired, the hiring manager will provide you a job offer letter to take to your sponsoring agency. This is commonly referred to by sponsoring agencies as the Independent Work & Travel program.

    Trainee Program

    J-1 Trainee Visas provide international participants with opportunities for professional development in the United States, for a time period of up to 18 months. They are available to students between the ages of 21 and 35 who are currently enrolled in or have graduated from a certificate-granting secondary school outside the United States, or who have at least one year's experience in the field of study. Upon completion of the program, participants are expected to return home to share their experience with others in their field and contribute to the industry in their own country.

    Participants must follow SEVIS regulations during their stay in the United States. For more information about SEVIS, visit: